A network (Computer Networks) is a telecommunication network that allows computers to switch data. Physical connection is customary between computers either by cable or wireless infrastructure.
- The purpose of a network is to enable the sharing of files and information between multiple systems.
- A network is a series of nodes interconnected with communication device to facilitate interconnection between computers.
- Computer networks can be linked through cables, such as Ethernet cables or phone lines, or wirelessly, using wireless networking cards that send and receive data through the air.
- There are various different kind of topologies and they are likely Bus, Star, Token ring and Mesh.
- Network also enables the user to share resources such as Printers, Plotters, etc.,
Since network is used for interconnection of systems to share resources, it has various features and they are,
- Resource sharing.
- Increased storage capacity.
- Increased cost efficiency.
- Time consuming.
- Centralized management.
- Less Expensive.
- Convenient for user monitoring.
- Interaction between users.
- Network Interfaces.
- Repeaters and Hubs.
- Switches and Routers.
Real Time Examples
There is a pool of real-time applications of the networks
- LAN connections in Offices, Colleges, Schools.
- Internet connection across the world.
- Communication through internet (Emails).
- Resource sharing .
- Streaming video and audio via internet.
- Sharing files and information.